Barnardos Buggy Push sponsored by Dettol
When: Sunday 1st September starting at 10am (Registration from 9am)
Where: The Phoenix Park, Dublin
Speaking at the launch of the Barnardos Buggy Push sponsored by Dettol, celebrity mum and model Alison Canavan said, “My son, James, and I are thrilled to support the Barnardos Buggy Push sponsored by Dettol for the second year running. We had so much fun training together last year and the event itself was incredible. It was wonderful to see so many families and buggies out on the day raising much needed funds for Barnardos. It is usually so hard to find time to get fit with the little ones around but the Barnardos Buggy Push sponsored by Dettol is perfect – I can pop out for a jog and James can come with me! I hope as many people as possible can join us in Phoenix Park on September 1st.”
Mums, dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles, families please come join us!!!
• For new Mums, getting out in the fresh air with your baby and walking with other Mums is a great way to gently get back in shape and make friends. Buggy Fitness is fast becoming the most popular way for new Mums to get back in shape and baby can come and have fun too!
• It’s not just Mums either; dads, grandparents, aunts and uncles – whole families are getting out there too.
The challenge: Push your baby in a buggy over a 5km course in the Phoenix Park – you can choose to run, jog or walk. The route runs along a smooth surface and is suitable for all levels of fitness and all buggies. Registering online ensures you receive a timing chip to wear on the day.
Register: on www.barnardos.ie . It costs €20 per buggy.
When you register you will receive a fundraising pack with:
• Barnardos running vest
• Timing chip to wear on the day
• Dettol wipes and coupons! (on the day)
• Exclusive access to a six weeks of exclusive training tips and advice, nutrition advice, how to keep baby happy in the buggy and some exclusive offers from our sponsor, Dettol.
Thanks to Dettol, 100% of the registration fee and sponsorship raised by buggy pushers will go directly to fund Barnardos services for children and families. Barnardos target is to raise €25,000.
Dettol Buggy Research:
• Nearly four out of ten buggies tested by Dettol had high levels of bacteria on their seat or their handles, and 90% of the buggies were unclean.
• The amount of germs on Irish buggies may be down to the fact that only half of mums (52%) wipe down or clean their child’s buggy when it looks dirty or something spills on it.
• While almost half of parents (48%) said that they frequently worry about their child’s health, a third of mums think that a toilet is cleaner than their child’s buggy.
• Over a third of mums say that their buggy is a germ magnet.
Family Friendly Event: the 5km Buggy Push will be followed by FREE family activities
• Flat smooth surface course – easy to push buggy
• Car parking available
Barnardos is Ireland’s leading children’s charity. We support children whose well-being is under threat, by working with them, their families and communities and by campaigning for the rights of children. Barnardos was established in Ireland in 1962 and is Ireland’s leading children’s charity.
Barnardos goal is to make Ireland the best place in the world to be a child. Every day in our 40 projects across Ireland we work with almost 6,300 children and families whose lives are marred by issues such as poverty, neglect and educational disadvantage.
We work with children of different ages and support them and their families in various aspects of their lives:
All the research shows that the return on investing in a child early is huge. With a bit of support early in their lives, children are more likely to stay in school, get a job, stay out of trouble, pay taxes, and send their own children to school. Barnardos work is about enabling children to achieve their full potential in life.