As everyone who reads my blog knows I’m a huge fan of mindfulness. My first brush with meditation was in my late teens and I never looked back. I am been very lucky to have had some incredible teachers from all over the world since then including Kadam Morten In New York and Sogyal Rinpoche who wrote the beautiful book The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying
As a daily practitioner for many years now I couldn’t imagine a life without meditation. It has given me the ability to really connect with myself daily, get sober, cope with stress and become more creative and focused. In my book “Minding Mum” I place a special emphasis on both meditation and simple mindful ideas for new mums. You can listen to the meditations here.
– Minding mum – Why selfcare and presence is the key to real balance as a mum
– Sitting with emotions good and bad and how understanding that part of myself finally helped me to heal
The conference takes place on April 21-22, 2017 at Gaylord National Resort, DC Metro Area
Don’t miss out on this annual gathering for the Mindfulness Movement. Mindful Life explores mindfulness and compassion in many different areas including work life, family life, civic life, education, health & wellness, social activism and culture. There will be talks, roundtables, workshops, yoga and mindful movement, contemplative practice, social events, and optional day long intensives.
· How to bring mindfulness and compassion into organizations and schools
· The state of the mindfulness movement and where things are heading
· The core skills needed for conscious living and loving
· What’s new in mindfulness technology
· The latest science on mindfulness – and what the research says about how we can improve our well-being and performance
So why not be part of the excitement as hundreds of people from around the U.S gather in the nation’s capital area to explore big-picture topics, learn practical tools and best practices, share success stories, make one-on-one connections, and build community.