Your hair is one of the most precious parts of your body as it defines your look and personality
To keep your hair attractive and last longer, it needs your proper attention. Negligence and concentrating too much on styling instead of concerning its health will be detrimental in the long run. Although your bald look can be equally attractive you may shudder to think about it. Your hair is composed of protein and has three layers – the innermost layer medulla, the middle layer known as the cortex and the outer layer is called the cuticle. The cuticle mainly protects your hair from the outer harsh environment and corresponding damage.
So, when this cuticle gets damaged your hair becomes vulnerable to the external environment and gets a dry and lusterless look with no shine. Damaged hair is usually accompanied with a loss of elasticity, broken hair, split ends, and harsh texture. Your scalp may also become itchy. The hair gets tangled easily and no styling gives the desired look. In short, you are in a miserable state of mind.
Your hair may be damaged because of various reasons. Some of the most common reasons are:
• Too much washing with strong soaps and alcohol
• Exposing it to a hot and dry environment
• Using blow dryers and heat styling tools too often
• Direct exposure to the sun
• Using uncontrolled chemicals and colors for styling
• Exposing it to chlorinated water for long (during swimming)
• Not having enough moisture
• Having prolonged stress and using rough pillow covers
If you have thin and fine hair your hair is more prone to damage and call for additional care. Moreover, some medical conditions can make your hair damaged, such as anorexia nervosa, malnutrition, some genetic disorders and thyroid gland malfunctioning.
In addition here are 8 different ways to remedy damaged hair: