Like most people I love cookies! When trying to eat clean and whole foods, I think it’s important to make healthy treats every now and again to enjoy the ‘sweet’ things in life. People always ask me for recipes for healthy treats and snacks to enjoy on the weekends or to squash any crazing sugar cravings! These are perfect!
The combination of hazelnuts and chocolate has always been my favourite, from Nutella to Ferraro Roche, it’s something I just can’t resist!
I hope you enjoy my Nutella like Cookies. These are paleo, gluten free and dairy free!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten free versions available)
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp carob powder (optional for a richer taste) – available in health stores
- 1 cup of hazelnuts (halved)
- Preheat oven 200C
- Line a flat tray with parchment paper
- Put all ingredients in a bowl (except the hazelnuts) combine well, the mixture should be like a wet dough
- Add hazelnuts and mix
- With your hands mould sections into golf ball sized balls
- Place on tray and press down to form a flat cookie shape
- Bake for 15 minutes ether side(30minutes in total)
- Leave aside to cool
*Serve with some cold almond milk! Great for dunking!
OPTIONAL SPREAD – HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
With the rest of the hazelnut butter jar, add in a tbsp of cocoa powder, a tbsp maple and mix. Use as a spread for cookies!
FOLLOW ROZ ON: