With Halloween around the corner, this recipe for caramel bites is the perfect alternative to all the sweet treats! These will knock any naughty cravings, and are simply delicious and a perfect treat for the little ones.
- 1 cup Cocoa Butter – available in health food stores
- 3 tbsp. Raw Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp. Maple Syrup/ Honey
- alternatively use 70/80% melted dark chocolate
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted- available in most supermarkets
- 4 level tbsp. of Coconut Water
- Pinch of sea salt
- For the chocolate place all the ingredients in a saucepan over low heat until melted, make sure not to boil!
- Using moulds (you can pick these up in TKMax/ Supermarkets) teaspoon in your chocolate mixture until 1/4 way full (there should be enough chocolate left over to cover the caramel later on).
- Place the tray in the freezer whilst you make your caramel.
- Place all your caramel ingredients in a food processor and blend until a creamy smooth caramel forms.
- Check to see if your chocolate has hardened in the freezer, if so, spoon in the caramel (1 level teaspoon) and cover with the left over chocolate, place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Serve with a cup of tea:)
FOLLOW ROZ ON: