Each year we get an opportunity to start a new book and write it according to our own hearts desire. I consider new months to be chapters and days to be pages. Each year we store a different volume of our book away and bring with us the positive lessons and growth from the year before.
Making small changes to your diet and lifestyle can make a big difference to your health. A couple of years ago I introduced a nutribullet into my home and it gets used at least once a day. Smoothies are not intended to replace food. For me they are a great addition to a healthy diet and they come in very handy when I’m in a rush to ensure I don’t skip meals.
Todays I’m going to share my “Blast the Blues” smoothie with you, which has lots of good fats for mood which will help ease you into the new year and help prevent the january blues!!
BLAST THE BLUES
- Large handful of Kale
- 1 small Avocado
- Large handful of frozen mixed berries (I buy them fresh and freeze them as I don’t like warm smoothies and these berries are still my wexford berries as I bought a lot and froze them!!)
- Either a small handful of mixed seeds or a small handful of mixed beansprouts (The Happy Pear sell them/ Supervalu)
- 1 Tablespoon of coconova extra virgin coconut oil
- Unsweetened Almond milk
- Put all the ingredients into your bullet or blender and fill to the line with almond milk; Blend and serve!
- To get the consistency you want; play around with the amount of liquid you add; so if you want to have a thicker smoothie bowl for brekkie add less liquid and then you can add fun toppings like goji berries, coconut shavings, nuts, seeds and fruit pieces.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND MAKE THIS YOUR BEST ONE YET!