As women we don’t actually talk about our periods that much. However, since I have been taking Peony Rose I have brought the conversation up with many of my friends. What surprised me most is how many women really suffer each month. Not just slight pains, but chronic mood swings, intense tiredness, pain that requires bed rest and also very heavy bleeding.
From an early age I have struggled with my menstrual cycle. Days out of school doubled over in pain each month and when I developed PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) in my teens things got even worse. Then my skin broke out and adult acne arrived. The solutions offered were always medication, various types of birth control were prescribed as well as much heavier medication that had quite severe side effects.
This was all in an effort to help regulate both the pain and frequency of my monthly cycle and many years later even after childbirth I still struggle with pain and discomfort each month. I know I’m not alone in this either and as I open up this conversation I wonder why, as women, we suffer in silence sometimes? Maybe we have accepted these severe symptoms as normal over time, but actually they are not.
There are so many factors today that not only affect our cycle each month but also our hormones too. From the toxic food we eat, emotional trauma, toxins, stress, EMF’s and now 5G, it’s hard to know where to start and what to do sometimes.
As I read through various research studies I noticed it’s like a domino effect where one symptom leads to another. A 2014 study by The North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (1) looked at Hemostatic abnormalities in young females with heavy menstrual bleeding and found there is high prevalence of hemostatic abnormalities, including bleeding disorders and risk factors, in young girls with HMB (Heavy Menstrual Bleeding.) This Can affect things like surgery, dental procedures and accident recovery.
Another study published in The Journal of Women’s Health (2), surveyed 3,302 women and found the presence of CRP (C-reactive protein) which appeared to be directly linked to PMS symptoms. This means that the pain is triggered by a biomarker called C-reactive protein (CRP) which actually causes the PMS. In this research study they suggested medication to reduce this acute inflammation.
This is where Phytality’s new supplement, Peony Rose comes in. When we are battling so many elements externally, I personally feel that if we can manage health concerns with natural and effective products (backed by research) it’s safer and healthier in the long run.
For a woman having a healthy period cycle is becoming more and more rare, yet I feel it’s even more important to do as much as we can to ensure a healthy cycle each month. As women we need to be resilient to environmental factors that affect our health as much as possible and if you look at Peony Roses, they are really something special. If we just look at how they grow, their character and resilience is apparent. They have staying power and will last a lifetime once they settle in.
According to traditional Chinese medicine the main health benefit of peonies is their ability to help heal inflammation. In China, Korea, and Japan, a decoction of the dried root has been used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, hepatitis, dysmenorrhea, muscle cramping and spasms, and fever for more than 1200 years.
In a 2011 study which looked at (3) Anti-Inflammatory and Immunomodulatory Effects of Paeonia LactifloraPall., a Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine. An extract of the root and its effects on inflammation showing its effectiveness in pain relief and inflammation was studied.
Phytality’s Peony Rose Extract contains extracts from the whole root of a plant called Peony (Paeonia lactiflora Pallas) which ensures higher levels of the plant’s active elements in comparison to other versions of this product.
I have been taking it since the summer and the difference is incredible. In August my friend witnessed me doubled over in pain unable to move on day 1 of my cycle. Last month I didn’t even know it was coming. Symptom free, except mild tiredness, and let me tell you that is an incredible change for me. If you suffer with problems such as menopause, period pains, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menorrhagia (heavy periods) and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) then this supplement taken regularly, (as consistency is key), can really help.
I would love to hear from you if you take Peony Rose to see what you think and hear about your own experiences. Comment below:
Follow Phytality at https://twitter.com/PhytalitySupps ; https://www.instagram.com/phytality_wellness/ ; https://www.facebook.com/PhytalityWellness/
Phytality Peony Rose is priced at €33.99 (RRP) in Ireland.
The following Irish pharmacies currently stock Phytality Peony Rose.
(See further down for UK stockists and pricing)
- Selected Boots stores
- Selected Allcare stores
- Black’s Allcare Pharmacy
- Clearwater Allcare Pharmacy
- Hamilton Long Allcare Pharmacy
- O’Flynn’s Allcare Pharmacy
- O’Rourke’s Allcare Pharmacy
- Tony Walsh’s Allcare Pharmacy, Rathfarnham
- Tony Walsh’s Allcare Pharmacy, Merrion
- Bradleys Blackrock
- Bradleys KCR
- Bradleys, Stillorgan
- Also available in the following stores:
- McMeel’s Pharmacy, Strand Street , Skerries
- D V Marron and Co Limited, Clane
- Walker’s Chemist, Main Street . Enfield
- Dolan’s Pharmacy, Bridge Centre , Tullamore
- Stack’s Pharmacy, Rathoath
- Murray’s Pharmacy, Killiney
- Aston Village Pharmacy, Drogheda
- Matt O Flaherty, William Street, Galway
- Duggan’s Pharmacy, Renmore , Galway
- Care Pharmacy, Salthill , Galway
- 60 Mayors Walk, Waterford City, Co. Waterford
- Hanlys Local Pharmacy, 65 South Street, New Ross, Co. Wexford
- O’Donnells Local Pharmacy, Main Street, Taghmon, Co. Wexford
- Kellys Local Pharmacy, Slaney Place, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
UK Stockists – Price: £35.95 (RRP)
• Bruton Pharmacy, 19 High Street, Bruton, Sommerset, BA10 0AH
• Millard & Bullock Chemist, Unit 2 Josiah House, Castle Street, Coseley, WV14 9DD
• Torrance Pharmacy, 63 Main Street, Torrance, Glasgow, G64 4EN
• Hillfields Pharmacy, 88 King William Street, Coventry, CV1 5JF
• Rexall Chemist, 204-208 Penn Road, Wolverhampton, West midlands, WV4 4AA
• St James Pharmacy, 39 St. James Avenue, East Kilbride, Glasgow, G74 5QD
• Bannside Pharmacy Ltd, 77 Main Street, Portlenone, Co.Antrim, BT44 8HR
Post sponsored by Phytality Peony Rose Extract